Download the New LearnVern Android App and enter Lucky Draw to win Free Certificate
In this video we are going to understand that how we can use Google AdWords software.
The Facebook pixel code which we have seen usually tracks all of our Conversions. Similarly we have Google pixel code which is used to create Conversions & then Google Ads.
- Creating right conversion pixels is important to create highly efficient Google Ads (Google pixel code will be different for every page)
- Creating Tracking code for each stage of the funnel (we can generate different codes for every different stage of the funnel)
- Creating Audience from the conversion tracking code
- Set conversion for visitors, lead and sales
- Unlike Facebook different codes should be placed in different pages
- You can do all this tracking without using Google Analytics
Now we will see that how we can generate Google codes using 'Google AdWords'. The URL for this is 'ads.google.com'.
- Firstly we will go to the mentioned URL and then login & get directed to the dashboard.
- For Conversions tracking code, we will click on Tools and then in Measurement section, we choose 'Conversions'.
- Now to make a new conversion we'll click on Plus sign and then select the kind of conversions that we want to track. We'll select Conversion code for a Website.
- After that we will be asked to select the action which we want to track, we'll simply choose 'Page view' category.
- After that we'll name that particular Conversion & select the ' don't use a value for this conversion action '
- Now we will select number of conversions to count per click as 'One' because we do not want to count a single user and track him for multiple times if he/she is visiting for more than one, we just want single count of him/her
- After that we will set click-through conversion window for 2 weeks. It is basically used to record conversations that happened within the selected period of time.
- Next, we will select the maximum time after a person views our ad that we want to count. We'll select 1 day.
- We'll set Yes for Include in 'Conversions'.
- We'll select Linear approach for attribution model. We want Google to track the user.
- Hence, we have created a conversion action. Now we need to setup the tag to add to our website.
- We'll copy the Global site tag & add it to our website. Also we will get another Event snippet code which we need to copy & paste it between the head tags of the pages.
- So, for next step we will go to our website's backend ie. into our wordpress admin panel and paste the copied code into the header section of the website & between the head tags of the pages. We'll add code using a plugin called 'Tracking Code Manager'.
- After doing all this, our conversion is successfully created. As it is just recently created, it's tracking status will show Unverified but it'll change after some time.
Now to check that the Conversion Action which we have created is properly extracting data from our website or not, we will use one chrome extension named as 'Tag Assistant Legacy (by Google)'.
- We'll go to our website & than run that extension which will show us the result of Tag Analysis, and if the tag is green in colour the Conversion Action is properly added & working.
Now we will see that How we can create Audience and excel further :
- You can create Audience from custom Conversion
- Use different Audience for different stage of the funnel
- For people who have visited but not opted in, we can run ads to bring them back
- Same custom conversion and Audience can be used for all sorts of campaigns
- Just like Facebook Pixel this is more accurate in interest. Google website and custom audience is more accurate than keyword targeting
- Having a strong SEO and Content Marketing strategy will help Paid Ads
After that we'll go 'Audience Manager' option from Shared Library section with purpose of building audience.
- We'll click on Plus sign and then choose 'Website visitors', they are the people who visited our landing page.
- We'll then after name the Audience & select the type of visitors from which we want to create our audience. We'll select 'Visitor of a page' & continue.
- In the next step we will add the URL of the page which people will be visiting.
- Google Ads can also pre-fill our list with people who have interacted with your business within the last 30 days, or we can start with an empty list.
- Next, we will enter the number of days that someone stays in this audience which is known as Membership duration. The maximum number of days for membership duration is 540.
- After doing all this we'll click on create Audience button & hence our newly created Audience is ready.
Similarly, we can create a Custom Audience and track the data of our Competitors or others.
Have a friend to whom you would want to share this course?