In today's video we are going to to learn about Random Access Memory (RAM) and its different Types.
We are going to cover the following things in this RAM's video :
- Position & Structure
- Types Of RAM Difference
- Capacity to store
- Manufacturing companies
- Advantage & Disadvantage
• Random access memory (RAM) is the best known form of computer memory.
• RAM is considered as volatile memory, which means that the stored information is lost when there is no power.
• RAM is made up of small memory chips that form a memory module.
• Whenever you open a program, it gets loaded form the hard drive into the RAM.
• This is because reading data form the RAM is much faster than reading data form the hard drive.
• RAM is temporary data storage.
History of RAM :
• RAM (Random Access Memory) was invented by Robert Heath Dennard.
• At IBM Thomas J Watson Research Center in 1968.
Technologies of RAM :
- FPM (Fast Page Mode) 1990
- EDO (Extended Data Output) 1994
- SDRAM (Single Dynamic RAM) 1996
- RDRAM 1998
- DDR SDRAM 2000
- DDR2 SDRAM 2003
- DDR3 SDRAM 2007
- DDR4 SDRAM 2012
- FPM (Fast Page Mode) :
• 30 pin SIMM.
• It consists of only one cell/chip.
• It is an old generation chip which is not at all used now.
- EDO (Extended Data Output)
• 72 pin SIMM.
• This type of RAM are not used now-a-days.
- SDRAM (Single Dynamic RAM)
• 168 pin DIMM.
• It consists of 8 cell.
Have a friend to whom you would want to share this course?