Download the New LearnVern Android App and enter Lucky Draw to win Free Certificate
In today's video we are going to to learn about Random Access Memory (RAM) and its different Types.
We are going to cover the following things in this RAM's video :
- Position & Structure
- Types Of RAM Difference
- Capacity to store
- Manufacturing companies
- Advantage & Disadvantage
• Random access memory (RAM) is the best known form of computer memory.
• RAM is considered as volatile memory, which means that the stored information is lost when there is no power.
• RAM is made up of small memory chips that form a memory module.
• Whenever you open a program, it gets loaded form the hard drive into the RAM.
• This is because reading data form the RAM is much faster than reading data form the hard drive.
• RAM is temporary data storage.
History of RAM :
• RAM (Random Access Memory) was invented by Robert Heath Dennard.
• At IBM Thomas J Watson Research Center in 1968.
Technologies of RAM :
- FPM (Fast Page Mode) 1990
- EDO (Extended Data Output) 1994
- SDRAM (Single Dynamic RAM) 1996
- RDRAM 1998
- DDR SDRAM 2000
- DDR2 SDRAM 2003
- DDR3 SDRAM 2007
- DDR4 SDRAM 2012
- FPM (Fast Page Mode) :
• 30 pin SIMM.
• It consists of only one cell/chip.
• It is an old generation chip which is not at all used now.
- EDO (Extended Data Output)
• 72 pin SIMM.
• This type of RAM are not used now-a-days.
- SDRAM (Single Dynamic RAM)
• 168 pin DIMM.
• It consists of 8 cell.
Have a friend to whom you would want to share this course?