Download the New LearnVern Android App and enter Lucky Draw to win Free Certificate
In today's video we are going to see different Types of Scanner available nowadays and understand about them individually.
Following are the list of Types of Scanners available in today's market :
• Flatbed Scanner
• Sheet Fed Scanner
• Drum Scanner
• Slide Scanner
• Handheld Scanner
- Flatbed Scanner :
• Flatbed Scanner is also known as Desktop Scanner.
• Similar to Xerox machine.
• The image or document must be placed face down on the glass plate of the scanner.
- Sheet Fed Scanner :
• This Scanner is used for scanning sheet of papers.
• Sheet Fed scanner is versatile in scanning.
• It can not scan bound documents.
• We can not scan books.
• Document should be fed into the scanner.
- Drum Scanner :
• Drum Scanner are used for High quality application.
• Drum scanner use a Photomultiplier Tube.
• Photomultiplier tube is a vacuum tube that converts light into electrical energy.
- Slide Scanner :
• Illuminates the slide and projects the image onto a digital scanning element which converts the image to a digital photographic format like .jpg or .gif.
- Handheld Scanner :
• Difficult as this requires a steady head, to avoid uneven scanning rate that would produce distorted images.
• They are mostly used in Malls and Supermarkets.
Now following is the list of Types of Scanner Connectors :
• USB scanner connector
• Fire wire scanner connector
• SCSI scanner connector
• Wire scanner connector
• Network scanner connector
Following is a list of Brands which are the Manufacturer's of Scanners :
• 3M Cogent
Have a friend to whom you would want to share this course?