Now, in today's video we are going to learn that what is Motherboard and its Importance in Computer Hardware.
Motherboard is the main component of Computer Hardware. No matter if you have 16 or 32 GB RAM and 1TB harddisk drive but if the motherboard is not proper then the system will not run accurately as it should.
Motherboard is a main (PCB) Printed Circuit Board where all the components like RAM slot, Processor, Battery (if it's a laptop) or other devices are connected directly and indirectly. It is made up of a silicon material.
Now we are going to see that what are the different Types of Motherboard available in today's Market : - Integrated Motherboard - NON Integrated Motherboard - Desktop Motherboard - Laptop Motherboard - Server Motherboard - AT Motherboard - ATX Motherboard
Types of Motherboard based on the devices they support : - Integrated Motherboard - NON Integrated Motherboard
- Integrated Motherboard : • An Integrated system board has multiple components integrated into the board itself. These may include the CPU video card, sound card and various controller cards.
- Non Integrated Motherboard : • Non integrated system board uses installable components and expansion card. For example, non integrated system board may allow you to upgrade the video card by removing the old one and installing a new one. Non Integrated motherboard typically have server PCI expansion slots as well. • They were used before, now-a-days only Integrated Motherboard are used.
Types of Motherboard based on Form Factor : - AT (Advance Technology) Motherboard - ATX (Advance Technology eXtended) Motherboard
- AT Motherboard : • AT Motherboard is a motherboard which has dimensions of the order of some hundred millimeters, Big enough to be unable to fit mini desktop.
- ATX Motherboard : • Advanced Technology Extended, or Popularly known as The ATX, Are the motherboard which were produced by the intel in mid 90's as an improvement form the previously working motherboard such as AT.
Types of Motherboard based on our usage : - Desktop Motherboard - Laptop Motherboard - Server Motherboard
- Desktop Motherboard : • Desktop motherboard are used in personal or desktop computer. As it is used for application at home and in office, this type of motherboard is the most basic type.
- Laptop Motherboard : • Laptop motherboard is used to connect different parts of laptop system. These Motherboard generally have very advanced features as compared to the desktop motherboard and most of the functions have been integrated into the laptop motherboard. Also, they help system get the ease in processing.
- Server Motherboard : • Server motherboard are more advanced then desktop motherboard and are designed to offer high-end service which are more reliable and ready to operate in 24*7 environments. • They comprises of 4 processor slots, 20 harddisk slots, 12 RAM slots and everything other in bulk quantities.
- Following are the list of ports which are present in the Integrated Motherboard : • PS2 Mouse port • PS2 Keyboard port • Parallel port (LPT1) • Serial port COM 1 • VGA port • 2 USB ports • 1394a port • LAN port
Every configuration which happens in BIOS is stored in CMOS Battery. We'll further see this in detail.
Cabling in Motherboard is not that much tough task because all the cables and its slot are accurately designed with same number of pins, which makes it easy for the user to work with it.
Ajit Kumar Bhagat
Very Good Teaching and Good Explain.
Thanks a lots.
it is very step for poor students by learn vern I again wanna do thanks of learn vern. i have completed my course of computer hardware its was very awesome and good skills traning that was superb.
✌️✌️ Best learning app 👌👌
Sonu kumar das
it is well course but i thing something is missing
Yogesh Narayanrao Zade
Overall good content, learned many new things😌
Sir leptop ki tachped kam nahi kar rahi kese cheng kare tachped ko
Imran Ansari is best Teacher ... Thank You LearnVern
This is a best web site :)