In today's video we are going to continue the Types of Software which we were covering in our last video. We'll see about Packaged Software first.
- Packaged Software : • Packaged software is a software that is ready-made and available for sale, lease, or license to general public. • There are certain kind of Software which requires some pre-requisite software packages installed in our system. Therefore we have to install some package or purchase them online for accessing certain software. • For example : If a user wants to use Photoshop 2020 then he/she should compulsorily need to have Dotnet version in there system otherwise Photoshop software will not run at any cost.
- System Software : • System Software is set of programs to control and manage the operations of a Computer Hardware. • It enables Application Programs to execute properly. • It consists of the basic operations. • If there is no Operating System installed in your system then you will not be able to run any type of software. • Examples of Software System : - Operating System - Utility Programs - Device Drivers
- Operating System : • An operating system (OS) is a collection of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs. • The Operating System is a vital component of the system software in a computer. • Application programs usually require an operating system to function.
- Utility Program : • Utility Program is a System software that allows a user to analyze, configure and Maintain the computer. • It performs a specific task related to the Management of computer. • Utility Program includes : - System Interrogation - Architecture and Design - Application Development and Deployment - System Implementation - Data Verification - Data Management - Program Support - Consulting Solutions & Partnerships
- Device Driver : • A Device Driver is a Computer program that operates or controls a particular type of device that is attached to a computer. • Types of attached devices are - Graphic Card, USB, Wifi, Bluetooth, Harddisk, Printer, Monitor, Processor, NIC card, Scanner & etc...
Following are the list of question which needs to be prepared as an Assignment : • What is Software? • How many Types of Software ? • What is System software? • What is Application Software? • What is Custom software ?
The instructor is good at practical level but teaching level is not so good.