Different Types of Cabinet
In the last video of our ongoing course we have seen that, How we can Troubleshoot our Mouse in practical way. Now we are going to learn about the topic 'Types of Cabinet'.
Firstly, let us understand what is a Cabinet and for what purpose it is being used :
- It is also simply a component of the Computer Hardware system. If Cabinet is not present then the other components of our Hardware are not secure.
- Inshort, we are using Cabinet to secure different parts of computer hardwares like RAM, SMPS, Motherboard, Harddisk etc...
Now, let us see different types of Cabinet and further understand them in detail. Following is the list of Cabinet types :
- Full Tower
- Mid Tower
- Mini Tower
- Slim Line Case
- Small Form Factor (SFF) Case
(1) Full Tower Cabinet :
- Full tower cases are generally big with a height that is about or more than 30 inches (more than 76 cm). The number of Internal drive bays inside these cases can be between 6 and 10.
- Cabinets used in gaming CPU's are Full Tower.
- They are very expensive in today's market. Big data storing companies use such kind of cabinets.
(2) Mid Tower Cabinet :
- Another case that might be a step down, would be classified as a mid tower case. Mid-tower cases are the most widely used computer cases. Mid Tower cases are about 18 to 24 (45 to 60 cm) inches high and they usually contain 2 to 4 internal drive bays and a similar number of external bays (for CD/DVD readers and similar).
(3) Mini Tower Cabinet :
- Mini-tower usually have up to 2 or sometimes 3 internal drive bays. Mini-cases normally stand at a height of 12 to 18 inches (30 to 45 cm). Expandability is a problem with these cases.
(4) Slim Line Case :
- Slim Line cases are simply Tower cases turned on their side ways. They can hold a monitor on top of the case. We can't add any extra things in it like graphics card or other.
(5) Small Form Factor (SFF) Case :
- Small Form Factor or SFF cases are custom cases that are designed to minimize the spatial volume of a desktop computer. SFFs are available in a variety of sizes and shapes, including shoe boxes, cubes, and book-sized PCs.
So this are all different types of Cabinets available in current Computer Hardware market.
Share a personalized message with your friends.