Download the New LearnVern Android App and enter Lucky Draw to win Free Certificate
In today's video we will see that what is Operating System (OS) & how to install OS Windows and Linux.
An Operating System (OS) is a system software that manages Computer Hardware, Software resources, and provides common services for computer programs.
Operating systems are found on many devices that contain a computer - from cellular phones and video game consoles to web servers and supercomputers. Without OS Hardware or Software will not run at any cost.
We can install Operating System using VMWARE software. Similarly, we can also use bootable device for installing OS.
Which are the Client Operating Systems?
- Windows XP
- Windows Win 7
- Windows Win 8
- Windows Win 10
- Unix Operating System
Client Operating System are the OS which are used by normal user like Student, or for office work, etc...
Which are the Server Operating Systems?
- Server 2000
- Server 2003
- Server 2008
- Server 2012
- Server 2012R2
- Server 2016
- Server 2019
Server Operating System connects with one system and manages other different systems at once. In Client Operating System we cannot manage multiple system at one time but in Server OS it is possible and hence they are very widely used for commercial purposes.
Now we will see that what is VMware Workstation software :
• VMware Workstation Pro is a hosted hypervisor that runs on x64 versions of Windows and Linux operating systems; it enables users to set up virtual machines on a single physical machine and use them simultaneously along with the host machine.
• When we'll install VMware Workstation we will need to go to BIOS Setup Utility & Enable the Virtualization Technology (VT).
- Step 1 : Enable Virtualization Technology in BIOS. Different BIOS Utility Setup will have different function key to enable VT.
- Step 2 : Download VMware Workstation
Follow the below mentioned steps :
• Navigate to the VMware Workstation Download Center.
• Based on your requirements, click Go to Downloads for VMware Workstation for Windows or VMware Workstation for Linux.
• Click Download Now.
• If prompted, log in to your My VMware profile.
- Step 3 : Install New OS in VMware Workstation
Follow the below mentioned steps :
(1) Go to File > New Virtual Machine. (shortcut key - 'CTRL + N')
(2) Select Typical (recommended), and then press Next.
(3) Pick how to install the Operating system. Select Installer disc if the operating system is in the disc drive. Otherwise, choose Installer disc image file (ISO) if you have a file that contains the OS, like a Windows 10 ISO or an ISO for macOS.
(4) Choose precisely where the OS files are located.
(5) Press Next to proceed to the screen where you have to name the New Virtual Machine.
(6) Now, define how Storage should take place with this Virtual Machine and then press Next. The virtual machine's hard disk is stored as one or more files on the host computer's physical disk. These file(s) start small and become larger as you add applications, files, and data to your virtual machine.
We can also Split virtual disk into single file or multiple files. Splitting the disk makes it easier to move the virtual machine to another computer but may reduce performance with very large disks.
(7) Select Customize Hardware & make any necessary changes. We need to specify the amount of memory allocated to the virtual machine. This memory size must be a multiple of 4 MB. We'll select 2GB ie. 2048 MB.
(8) Choose Close to exit the Hardware screen and then press Finish button.
(9) Follow the directions for your specific Operating System installation.
Following are some of the things to remember while installing VMware Workstation :
• The VM > Snapshot option is how you "freeze" the current state of the VM so that you can return to that same state again later. You might need to do this if the operating system fails later on, you get lots of viruses that can't be cleaned, or you simply want to start over from a fresh install.
Have a friend to whom you would want to share this course?