Live Streaming Webinar on "Crack an Interview of a Social Media Marketer" - Join Now
In today's video we are going to see Features of Mobile OS & different Types of Mobile Devices available.
Following mentioned are some of the Features of Mobile Operating System :
• Cellular (Access to Internet facility)
• GPS Navigation
• Camera (Front & Rear)
• Speech Recognition
• Voice recorder
• Music player
• Video player
Following three are the most popular Mobile Operating System used worldwide :
- Android :
• Android is an open source, Linux-derived platform backed by Google inc. along with major developers.
• It has the largest installed base worldwide on smart phones.
• The Latest Version of Android is 11.0 is Available.
• Below mentioned are the versions of Android that has been released accordingly -
Cupcake Android 1.5
Donut Android 1.6
Eclair Android 2.0/2.1
Froyo Android 2.2.x
Gingerbread Android 2.3.x
Honeycomb Android 3.x
Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.x
Jelly Bean Android 4.1.x
KitKat Android 4.4.x
Lollipop Android 5.0
- IOS :
• A closed source platform.
• Built on open source Darwin core OS.
• Earlier called iphone OS is created and developed by Apple Inc.
• Distributed exclusively for Apple Hardware such as iphone, ipad, ipod Touch and second generation Apple TV.
• The Latest version of mac OS is 11.1.
- Windows Phone :
• The third largest installed base on Smartphone behind Android and IOS form Microsoft.
• It is a closed source and proprietary platform.
• Last version is Windows 10.
- Bar Phones :
• Also Referred to as "candy bar" this is the most basic of handset form factors.
• The phone is rectangular in shape, and does not have any hinges or moving parts.
• You'll find a display screen and the standard set of number keys.
• Depending upon the specific phone model, you also find soft keys, 'answer' and 'end' buttons, and navigation keys.
• The Screen and all these keys are placed on the front of the device.
• Since the keys are exposed, most phones using this form factor also provide a key-guard feature.
- Flip Phones :
• Most Components including the screen and the keys are placed on the bottom half of the phone.
• The top half is usually a plastic flap that folds on top.
• Depending upon the phone model, the top half may contain a speaker and even a transparent windows that enables the user to see a portion of the screen when the phone is closed.
• The visible part of the screen displays the time and caller ID information.
Have a friend to whom you would want to share this course?