Installation of Windows Server 2016
In today's video we are going to completely understand about the Installation process of Windows Server 2016 step by step. Before installing Windows Server 2016 we will see that how it is different from the usual Windows 7, 8, & 10.
Windows Server 2016 Operating System provides certain special types of services which are not available in the usual Windows 7, 8, & 10. So, this is how it is different from the remaining Operating Systems.
Step 1 : Installation Process
• When we'll open the new file in VMware Workstation for Windows Server 2016 installation, we will first see a Windows setup in front of our screen which is asking to choose Language, Time & Currency format, & Keyboard/Input method.
• So we'll select English (United States) as our Language to install and move further by clicking on Next button.
Step 2 : Install Now
• We need to click on the 'Install Now' button.
Step 3 : Select One of the Window's Server Edition
• Here, we need to select the Operating System ie. one of the edition of Windows Server & then move further by clicking on Next button.
• One thing to remember is that Windows Server will not install on any 32 bit Computer system.
• We'll choose 'Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Evaluation (Desktop Experience)' Edition of x64 bit.
Step 4 : To accept & agree the Licence Terms
• We'll read the applicable Notice and Licence terms and atlast accept it by clicking it on the check box given below.
Step 5 : Choose which type of Installation
• After that we need to select that which type of installation do we want to do. We'll choose 'Custom: Install Windows Only (advanced)' option.
Step 6 : Select the Disk in which we want to Install the Windows
• Here we need to select the drive where we want to install the Windows Server. We'll choose 'Drive 0' as per our requirement.
Step 7 : Server will start copying all the files to Disk
• Here Installation will get started & we'll see status as Installing Windows
Step 8 : After reboot, Add a Complex password
• Here we need to set a powerful complex password for the system.
Step 9 : Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
• By doing this we will be asked to enter the Administrator password for continuing.
So, this is how we can install Windows Server 2016 step by step using VMware Workstation.
Share a personalized message with your friends.