In this video series of four parts, we are going to first Diagnose the problem in our PC and then try to resolve it using different ways. Basically we are going to cover different types of troubleshoots and some practical knowledge about how to overcome solvable PC problems.
- To do things if there are Power Supply issues faced : • Power supply issue can due to various reasons such as loss of electricity, weak cable connection, external interference due other electronic devices and voltage fluctuation. If there is much fluctuations seen while measuring the voltage using multi-meter, do not use that SMPS for further usage because it can permanently damage the whole PC system & repairing it is not at all guaranteed thing, so better is to replace it with a new one. • This type of system reboot can damage your computer's components.
- To do things if there are Overheating issues faced : • When the power supply's fan and case fan fails to keep the computer cool enough, the PC may reboot, automatically. Peripheral components can also generate heat when they are operational. • So for the solution of it, we will apply an Thermal Compound which is particularly used for this purpose only on silver square part area of the motherboard. This will cool down the system & much heat will not be generated from now onwards.
- To do things if there are Memory Issues : • Memory (RAM) is an active component of a computer, which frequently writes and rewrites data. A failure in the RAM would result in a system breakdown and an automatic restart. • Memory issues can be analyzed through Windows Memory Diagnostic tool & BIOS Diagnostic tools. Example - 'MemTest86' Tool.
- To do things if there are Hardware device issues or Software issues : • When a hardware component fails or a software program causes the computer to crash, the system may spontaneously restart. • In this situation, one must Inspect the virtual and physical settings of hardware devices and make sure these are set up, correctly. • In case of software issues, analyze determine which specific program had caused the automatic restart. - Using Task Manager of our System we can track the performance of CPU, Memory, Disk 0, Disk 1, Ethernet, and GPU & check that is there any bad result shown in their performances or not.
- Now let's understand first that what BSOD is : • Blue Screen of Death or Blue Screen Memory Dump (BSOD) is an error screen that is displayed before system is rebooted. • Fixing a blue screen memory dump will be specific to correcting the error which is displayed on the screen. • Finding information about your particular BSOD, and then search the internet for more practical advice. • Begin dump of physical memory error is one of the error occur due to RAM problem. • Blue screens are caused due to Hardware and Software problems.
To do things if there are problems caused by Hardware or Software : • Newly installed hardware which is not supported or properly configured. • Defective hardware attached to your PC. • Damaged hard drive. • Defective RAM (Most common cause) • Overheating of motherboard, CMOS and memory module.
- To do things when BSOD is caused due to RAM : • If the RAM sticks are not of the same FSB speed. • If the RAM has not been inserted properly in the motherboard. • Test your RAM by using a Program called 'MemTest86'
- To do things when BSOD is caused due to Hard disk drive : • Faulty Hard disk • Hard disk generating bad sectors • Repair bad sectors using 'chkdsk' commands
- To check the bad sector of Hard drive without losing any data from Command prompt, follow the below mentioned steps : • Click Start. • Type cmd at the Search program and files search box • Right-click on cmd.exe. • Click Run as Administrator. • Type in your Administrator password. • When cmd.exe opens, type the command: chkdsk. • Press Enter. • You can run the tool with more parameters, like this : chkdsk c: /r.
- To do things when BSOD is caused due to Motherboard : • Caused due to Motherboard overheating • When motherboard starts heating, changing to a new motherboard chipset is the only problem • Also caused by faulty BIOS settings, so for that one simply need to go to BIOS Utility setup & Load all the default configuration
- How to troubleshoot a BSOD Error : • Identify the problem or error code from the blue screen. • Research about the error and its solution on Internet.
Ajit Kumar Bhagat
Very Good Teaching and Good Explain.
Thanks a lots.
it is very step for poor students by learn vern I again wanna do thanks of learn vern. i have completed my course of computer hardware its was very awesome and good skills traning that was superb.
✌️✌️ Best learning app 👌👌
Sonu kumar das
it is well course but i thing something is missing
Yogesh Narayanrao Zade
Overall good content, learned many new things😌
Sir leptop ki tachped kam nahi kar rahi kese cheng kare tachped ko
Imran Ansari is best Teacher ... Thank You LearnVern
This is a best web site :)